LET THEM EAT CAKE.

I have a confession. I'm completely and utterly addicted to food. I can't go a day without thinking about what I'm going to have for dinner or for snacks. I'm also a little addicted to food blogs. My brother's girlfriend has this wonderful food blog and I love seeing what she's been making lately, and even more so when I go over and get to eat it (keep your eyes peeled for her cinnamon buns recipe, they're amazing). Another favorite of mine is Smitten Kitchen, which is where most of this cake comes from.

I made this cake for a girl I work with who loves Hello Kitty. And not only did it look wonderful, it tasted amazing, completely moist and beautiful.

Firstly, the cake recipe is here. I halved this recipe for a smaller size cake.

Secondly, The frosting recipe is here. I forgot to halve this recipe and had sooo much left over. Luckily there was someone about who was happy to help with that. Meet Alfie, our little kitchen cleaner.


Third, is to try your hand at chocolate art, which my boyfriend and I were not so good at to start with. But I eventually got the hang of it enough to make two little eyes, a nose and six whiskers. I thought about icing the little bow but decided that a pretty little homemade pink one would work just as well, minus the tears and frustration. 



1 comment: