ABSTENTION.



I had a quasi-epiphany recently. I realised that I have three vegetarian friends, another one who won’t eat any red meat, another one who won’t be around anyone eating meat of any kind, and one who won’t purchase any products tested on animals. It got me wondering, should I give up something too? Should I sacrifice something that at least slightly mirrors my view on animal cruelty? Firstly, it can’t be meat. I love meat. So much. I’m that girl who orders the 600g eye fillet medium rare and eats it all. And chicken, don’t even get me started on chicken. Do they even serve butter chicken as a vegetarian option? Butter tofu doesn't make me salivate in the slightest.  And don’t get me wrong, I am not one of those people who dislike vegetarianism, not in the slightest. And I understand the cruelty that the cow probably went through before it ended up in front of me. But I just can’t okay, end of story.  

So I moved on to products tested on animals. Rimmel make my favourite mascara, nail polish (currently) and eye liner. They also paint little bunnies up all pretty with potentially harmful chemicals to ensure that I won't sue them if my nails fall off. But even so, i’m not sure if I can give that nail polish up. You’ve seen my latest polish ‘Sky High’, how could I ever stop wearing that now? I would have withdrawals after a day! Obviously at this point it’s not looking good for the animals. 

Then today I had a lightbulb moment. I’m going to give up McDonalds! I don’t even really eat it that often anyway, so it won’t be all that difficult. And it's the only chain fast food that I actually do eat. And I did go six months without it after seeing that documentary which we shall not be naming. And i still get to keep my eye fillet and my pretty nails.

So as homage to the last time I will ever eat a French fry, here are some photos from the adorable fashion week campaign ‘McFancy’, styled by the ever-so-talented Amy Moss. You can see more here.




No comments:

Post a Comment