WHAT WE DO IN OUR HOME.

So I think I've found them. My favourite scrambled eggs. They're light, but at the same time creamy and billowy and magical. And they were right under my nose all this time. They're made in a little place called my kitchen, by a little person named me, with a lot of help from Julia.


There is not really a strict recipe, it's really all about three things:

1) A good pan; my favourite is from Tas Catering Supplies.
2) Fresh eggs; straight from the chicken, if you're into that. If you're not, market fresh will suffice.
3) Good butter; Ashgrove 'Traditional Farmhouse' Butter is heaven (We eat this stuff like cheese in our house).

I like mine with chives and a mixture of cream/milk. And a lot of butter; butter makes it better. Mix your ingredients, heat the butter and away you go. Just don't stir too much, three times at most, and take them off when they're slightly runnier than you like as they will harden a little more while you spread your toast. Practice also makes perfect, mine looked like crap the first time, but they got better, much better.


 This was another especially nice Tassie morning. Perfect weather for these eggs, some freshly squeezed orange juice (The hard way; I really need a juicer), and a fresh copy of Vogue. Getting up early (early for me is 9am), really gets me in the mood to leave the study-dungeon that is my house and do things. Ursula and I had a lovely afternoon shopping. She also shares my love of butter, food in general and spontaneous afternoon ciders, you should visit her blog


Ursula is Wearing:
 Jacket: Dangerfield
Top: Restyled by Ursula.
Sunglasses: Sportsgirl

In other news, a package arrived for me this morning that contained my birthday dress, which I'm so very excited to wear out on Saturday. A little sneak peek is below, as well as some shoes that I may have accidentally purchased to go with it, but more on those later.






























No comments:

Post a Comment